The added value of information platforms which directly impact the activity of public institutions, companies and citizens of a country is perceived and appreciated as long as they are 100% functional without unwanted interruptions.
This is where, firstly, technical management departments hold full responsibility, to prevent disruptions caused by cyber attacks, human or system errors. The Romanian Agency for Digital Agenda (AADR), a public institution under the Ministry for Information Society, is managing such national information systems, for eGovernance purposes, with the mission to improve the performance of the public administration and to enhance taxpayer satisfaction. Among these, one can mention the National Electronic System-SEN (www.e-guvernare.ro), the Electronic System of Public Acquisitions, SEAP (www.e-licitaţie.ro), the System for the assignment of electronic permits to international road freight transport and the electronic national programs for the assignment of transport routes through the county and inter-county services, SAET (www.autorizatiiauto.ro) and the national electronic system for the online payment of local taxes (www.ghiseul.ro), the Electronic Single Contact Point ( www.edirect.e-guvernare.ro). The Agency’s work is closely following the implementation of the Digital Agenda Strategy for Romania.
The technical requirements
• The precise identification of security incidents through innovative multi-SIEM/multi-platform data correlation;
• A dedicated advanced search modules which ensure correlations between tens of millions of events in a matter of seconds;
• Benefits from unlimited horizontal scalability, built-in, without extra database costs;
• Real-time/Schedule based connectivity to classical SIEM systems for data feeds;
• A graphical, user-friendly interactive interface, with advanced functions such as: view, search and monitoring through custom filtering;
• Synthesized results displayed in efficient charts to support the security decision making process;
• Embedded reports to validate control efficiency and effectiveness for frameworks and standards: ISO 27001, COBIT, FISMA, HIPPA, PCI/DSS, SOX;
• A Complete Investigation module An innovative alerting system with real-time, user-defined alerts, which address the most specific event requirements, ensuring great accuracy and minimum false alerts;
• Correlations between the Audit Data and Physical Security (using an additional Video Module);
• An advanced anomaly detection technology – Anomaly Analyzer;
• Context Sensitive/Interactive dashboards General/Network/Active Directory that can also be fully customized;
• Precious time and resources savings in the daily work of security managers.